Frequently Asked Questions
With PENVIR (Famciclovir) dosage therapy is quite convenient for patients compared to Aciclovir
- Herpes Zoster (shingles): 500 mg every 8 hours for 7 days
- Herpes Labialis (cold sores): 1500 mg as a single dose
- Genital Herpes
- First episode: 250 mg TID for 7-10 days
- Suppressive therapy: 250 mg twice daily
- Treatment of recurrent episodes: 1000 mg twice daily for 1 day
- Adult - 500 mg TID for 7-10 days
- Children below 40 kg: 12.5 mg / kg/ dose TID for
- Bell's Palsy: 250 mg TID for 5-7 days
- Ocular Herpes: 500 mg TID for 7 days
- Laryngo Pharyngeal Palsy: 500 mg TIS for 1 month
PENVIR (Famciclovir) is safe and can be given even in 1st trimester of pregnancy with no abnormalities reported.
No issue as the intracellular half-life of is PENVIR (Famciclovir) is up to 19 hours. Need to take medicine as soon as remember it.
Unless you are allergic to Famciclovir, PENVIR (Famciclovir) has no major side-effects. It can be given to renal failure patients or immune-compromised patients also.
PENVIR (Famciclovir) is available at major retailers. For more details download App (Penvir We Care For You) and locate nearby chemist.