What is Vaginal Candidiasis
Experiencing itching, burning, and discomfort down there? It’s likely caused by a fungus [yeast] called candida.
Yeast is a member of the fungus family and candida is a specific type of yeast.
Your body has a balanced proportion of candida in the mouth, digestive tract, and vagina.
But when this gets disrupted in the vagina, the yeast grows, leading to a yeast infection known as Vaginal / Vulvovaginal Candidiasis.
- Itching in the vulva and vaginal area
- Swelling and redness in the vulva and vaginal area
- Burning during urination or sexual intercourse
- Rash, soreness
- Thick, white, odorless vaginal discharge, resembling cottage cheese
- Usage of hormonal contraceptives [birth control]
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Weak immune system
- Usage of vaginal douches and sprays
Two forms of medications to be administered only after being prescribed by your gynaecologist -
- Oral [taken by the mouth]
- Topical [to be applied on the affected area]
- No douching
- No usage of soaps, deodorants, or washes to clean your genital area
- Replace wet innerwear, even bathing suits, at the earliest, with dry ones
- Keep diabetes under control